A couple people brought to my attention that the coddec patch, well, doesn’t work. And they were right! I just committed a new patch which should work. Also, provided here are hopefully some instructions to get this working:
- Download coddec.rar from wherever
- Extract into some directory and cd into the directory
- patch -p1 < coddec.patch
- find . -name “*.java” > FILES.TXT
- for/f %x in (FILES.TXT) do javac %x (or some equivalent sh)
- java -classpath . net.rim.tools.compiler.Compiler FOO.COD
I’m using JDK 1.6.0 R12 (java -version -> java version “1.6.0_12”)
Make sure you don’t attempt to disassemble “COD” files that are actually “ZIP” files. Also, for COD files that have interdependencies, you may need to have all “.COD” files in the same directory in order for coddec to parse them all.
Ignore a lot of the output, it’s all debugging from the original coddec plus some of my own crap… Also, it very well may fail to parse certain cod files. I use it on third-party applications, YMMV.